Mar 3, 2016

Trip to Singapore

A few weeks ago I and my classmates went to Singapore for a study tour. This is my experience there.

On the 20th of February 2016, my class and I went on a field trip to Singapore. We all were very excited for the trip. We are going to stay there for 7 days and 6 nights. The night before the trip we all packed our suitcase and got ready for the trip.

The next day we woke up very early and went straight to the airport. When everyone is already there we went to go. I’m very excited. We took off and headed for Singapore. When we arrive we took the bus to our hostel. Turns out that the hostel wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.



 That day we went to the Science Center. We looked at many different experiments that amused us. After we went to Science Center, we went to J-Cube mall. The teacher let us go around the mall ourselves. We all ate dinner at a restaurant called Nandos. The food was great but it is also kind of expensive. Then we went back to the hostel and went to bed.


The 2nd day in Singapore was also fun! We went to Universal Studios in Sentosa Island. Before we went there we had to go to church first. After church, we took the MRT to HarbourFront and then took the Monorail to Waterfront Station. That day we spend our time in Universal Studios having fun and enjoying our time. That afternoon we wanted to take the Monorail back to VivoCity mall but it was very crowded. So…. We decided to walk along the bridge between Sentosa Island and VivoCity. It was tiring and wasted most of our time so that we didn’t have time to eat. So we decided to take away the meal and eat it in the hostel. I had a lot of fun that day. I wish that we could spend more time there.




The day after the trip to Universal Studios, was Monday, which means the first day of school in Singapore. The school started very early in the morning. I feel very sleepy! We had to walk about 20 minutes from our hostel to the school. The school is much bigger than our school. They have a basketball field, a canteen, a many classes and also a soccer field. The first thing we did is a flag raising ceremony. We went to the field and joined the flag raising ceremony. After the flag raising ceremony, we were separated into several classes. I was put in the class 2/6. The students there are very friendly to us. We had lunch there and then we went back to the hostel at 1:30.


After school we went to Chinatown. We went there by the MRT. In Chinatown, we took a walk and explored from shop to shop. We also bought some snacks for us to eat. The foods there were delicious. We went back to the hostel that night. We took a bath and played the table soccer for a while. Then we went to sleep.








Another day at school! My roommate and I almost over slept. It’s a good thing that my friend woke me up just in time. We hurriedly prepared ourselves and had breakfast. Then we had another day at school. Just the same like yesterday. This time we went to Marina after school. We visited Marina Barrage, the place where Singapore gets its pure water. We played there for a while then we went to Gardens by the Bay. We went to see the super tree grove. We went up the skywalk. It was so high!!! The view was awesome! I took lots of pictures. For dinner I ate subway in Ang Mo Kio Hub. It was delicious.


The next day we went to school as usual. After school, we went to Bugis Junction. The mall was huge and we look around and shop for things we need. My friends bought many different stuff such as clothes, pencil cases, and also a wallet. I had a fun time there. Our dinner was pop-mie and we ate it in the hostel. Then we played cards in my room. Then we went to sleep because we still have to go to school the next day.




We woke up early today and had breakfast. We walk to school as usual. Since this is the last day of school I want to give them a little gift for being my friend. I gave my buddy a book and a pen. I gave all my friends 10 ribu rupiah as a gift so we could keep in touch. In return, they gave me a small soccer ball. I felt so happy and I really like the gift they gave me! After school we went to Orchard. My mom asked me to buy her some vitamin because there is none of that in Indonesia. I bought it in guardian medicine store. It was quite expensive. Then we went shopping again. I bought a shirt and a sweat pants with my friend. Also we ate dinner in the food court in Somerset mall. I bought a beef teriyaki. It tastes delicious. This day is the last day in Singapore.

Today we are going back to Indonesia. Whyyyyyy!??? I don’t want to go back yet! It felt so short. Good bye Singapore!!! We went to Changi airport in the morning and checked in. We had 20 minutes time to go and look around. I bought a few pork chop as a gift for my grandparents. Then I realized that we only have 3 minutes to get back to the gate because the plane is about to leave. I and my friend ran as fast as we could to reach there in time. In fact we did! By the time we reach there we were already exhausted from running. Good thing we didn’t miss the flight. We went in the plane and went to our seats. The flight took almost 2 hours. I felt happy that I’m going to meet my parents again. The plane landed safely and we went off the plane. We took our baggage and went outside. My parents are already waiting for me outside the gate. I felt so happy to finally meet my parents again. Of course I will miss Singapore but I also want to go home and spend my time with my parents.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. It is interesting because you used pictures for it. The tenses and the grammars are good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. It is interesting because you used pictures for it. The tenses and the grammars are good enough.

    ReplyDelete